1. How many models of Slimfold Bifold Doors are there?
There are five: Classic, Louver II, Westchester, Lancaster, and Flush.
2. What is the difference between the six models of the steel bifold doors?
The difference is in aesthetics. Some have louvers or panels, or a combination of both. All steel bifold doors use the same patented hardware for durability. All come with the Sierra Handle in Chrome, Brass, and Antique Gold.
3. What are the standard colors of Slimfold Bifold Doors?
4. What textures do the bifolds come in?
5. What is the standard track for Slimfold Steel Bifolds?
6. What other track alternatives are there for Slimfold Bifolds?
There is a 7/8″ hi-profile aluminum track and a bottomless track bracket that eliminates bottom track across the threshold in an opening. There is no upcharge on the bottomless track bracket.
7. Is there a gap in between the louvers?
Yes. The gap is large enough to allow air flow, but designed minimally to prevent object from being inserted into it.
8. How wide are the louvers in the bifold?
The width of the louvers depends on the width of the panel / door.
9. What is the maximum door width?
For two-panel units the maximum width is 35-1/2″ (36″ opening) for four-panel units the maximum width is 71″ (72″ opening).
10. What are the standard heights?
6’8″ , 7’0″ , 7’6″ and 8′. Non-standard heights are available.
11. How thick is the steel on bifolds?
12. Can bifolds be manufactured with galvanized steel for corrosion-resistance?
13. What kind of tests do you conduct on the bifold doors?
14. What kind of warranty is offered
15. How many models of Slimfold Mirror Bifold Doors are there?
16. What is the difference between the six bifold models?
The differences are in the mirror framing and door construction:
The 4900 is frameless available in Bright White, Vanilla, Architectural Brown, Black, Arctic Silver, Satin Gold, or Bright Gold.
The 4400 is framed Bright White, Vanilla, Architectural Brown, Black, Arctic Silver, Satin Gold, or Bright Gold.
The 2700 is polished chrome on a solid metal bifold door. The 2750 is polished gold on a solid metal bifold door.
The 5002 is aluminum frameless mirror available in Satin Brass, Bright Brass, Satin Chrome, or Bright Chrome.
The 5003 is aluminum framed available in Satin Brass, Bright Brass, Satin Chrome, or Bright Chrome.
17. Does Slimfold offer an overlay door?
Slimfold offers two Overlay Doors – the one-panel 4100 and the two-panel Spacesaver. The 4100 is offered for 2’0″, 2’4″, 2’8″, 3’0″, and 4’0″ openings. The Spacesaver is offered for 4’0″, 5’0″, and 6’0″ openings.
18. Are any of the mirror bifold doors available with bottomless track?
Dunbarton no longer offers mirror bifold with a bottomless track.
19. How many models of Bypass Doors are there?
20. What is the difference between the nine bypass models?
The 4260 is a framed mirror with adjustable top L-Guides and jump-resistant bottom roller. Available in Bright White, Vanilla, Architectural Brown, Black, Arctic Silver, Satin Gold, and Bright Gold.
The 4050 is a framed mirror door with top hung single wheel rollers. Available in Bright White, Vanilla, Architectural Brown, Black, Arctic Silver, Satin Gold, and Bright Gold.
21. Do Slimfold Mirror Doors have safety backing on the glass?
All Slimfold Mirror Bifold and Bypass Doors are CATEGORY II safety-backed to conform with ANSI Z97.1 – 2004 American National Standard for Safety Glazing Materials and CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Consumer Product Safety Commission.
22. What is the glass thickness of Slimfold Mirrors?
1/8″ (3mm) on 7’0″ heights and under 5/32″ (4mm) on heights greater than 7’0″
23. What kind of warranty do you offer on your mirror doors?
24. Does Slimfold offer special sizes in their mirror products?
Yes. We offer special widths on bifold mirrors up to 6’0″ and special heights up to 8’0″ . On bypass we offer widths up to 12’0″ . Offering varies depending upon model. Consult brochure or individual model pages in the website.