1. What material thickness is Rediframe available in?
18 or 20 gauge
2. Are Rediframe available in galvanized steel?
3. Why use a prefinished frame?
It is less expensive. You can save between to per frame in field painting costs
4. Are Rediframes available welded?
No, Rediframes are provided KD (knock-down) only.
5. What casing (trim) options are available?
Steel (standard), aluminum, S56 Steel Colonial (2-1/4″ ) or prepped for wood trim (by others)
6. Can you have different casing on a single frame?
Yes, it is common to have steel casing on one side and wood trim on the other side.
7. What is a ” lance” ?
A The lance is an integral clip formed in the leg (face) of the frame to accept steel, aluminum or S56 casing.
8. What is a ” nail hole” ?
A nail hole is the prep for wood trim.
9. What colors are available for Rediframes?
A Rediframe Brown, Ivory, Bright White and Prime are available at no upcharge. Mojave Brown, Black, Lt. Grey and Tan are available with a per frame charge. Rediframe can be provided in any custom color with a per frame charge. A set-up is required for orders less than (100) frames.
10. What is the minimum wall size?
2-5/8″ for 1-3/8″ frames or cased opening profiles 2-7/8″ for 1-3/4″ frames 4″ for 1-3/8″ X 1-3/4″ communicating frames 4-1/2″ for 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ communicating frames.
11. What is the maximum wall size?
13″ Wall sizes are available in 1/8″ increments
12. Is Rediframe available with a kerf?
13. What are the frame configurations for Kerf Rediframe?
14. What hinge preps are available?
For 1-3/8″ doors: 3-1/2″ x ¼” radius template hinge. For 1-3/4″ doors: 4″ x ¼” radius template hinge, 4-1/2″ square template hinge (standard weight), 4-1/2″ heavy weight (Rediframe only), 5″ standard weight (Rediframe only), and 4″ x 5/8″ radius ” Universal Hinge. Prep” (template or non-template).
15. What is a Universal Hinge Prep?
16. What strike preps are available?
17. What is an adjustable t-strike?
A two-piece strike plate that allows the door to be adjusted to eliminate the rattle.
18. Does Rediframe have welded hinge plates like hollow metal frames?
14-gage steel gussets (plates) are applied in the factory (standard). Exceptions: 4-1/2″ heavy weight and 5″ standard weight have welded hinge plates like hollow metal.
19. Does Rediframe have welded strike plates like hollow metal frames?
20. Will a Rediframe hold a heavy door?
Yes, Rediframes have been cycle tested using a 22-gage frame and a 188-pound hollow metal door for 1,000,000 cycles.
21. Are Rediframes handed?
22. Does Rediframe make borrowed lites and sidelites?
23. Are sidelites available for 1-3/8″ doors?
No, 1-3/4″ doors only
24. What is the maximum width and height for a sidelite or borrowed lite frame?
10′ x 10′