This position requires operators to set up, operate, tend and perform basic maintenance on Fabrication Department equipment and machinery. Includes, roll mills, CTL mills, CNC brake presses, louver presses, hat presses, gusset presses, emboss presses, punch presses, trim mills, shears, spot welding equipment, and related steel fabrication equipment. Job includes quality checks and responsibility, safely operating equipment, reading and interpreting product engineering drawings, programming basic PLC/ladder logic systems, and daily area clean-up.
Note: Must have good math skills and must be able to read a tape measure down to a 32nd!
- Essential Duties Summary:
- Calibrate, set up, tend, operate and maintain assigned equipment and machinery in the Fabrication Department.
- Read, interpret and implement engineering drawings, PLC settings, and production schedules and confer with department management on deviations.
- Inspect materials, products, and equipment to detect defects or malfunctions. Take corrective action to prevent unacceptable defects and material loss. May require the use of gauges, templates, feelers, shims, hand tools, calipers, micrometers, measuring tapes, and related tools. The employee must understand customer and specification requirements and consistently produce a quality and conforming product.
- Inspect and evaluate Dunbarton workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety, health, and environmental regulations and laws.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all materials, semi-finished goods, WIP, and finished goods and ensure products are properly sorted, labeled, and stored.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms, records or ERP systems.
- Clean, lubricate and perform basic maintenance and preventive/planned maintenance on assigned machines.
- Implement and follow safety, 6S, LEAN, and kaizen programs, policies, and procedures. Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area. Understand and apply Lock Out Tag Out rules and procedures.
- Operate various hand tools, such as rivet guns, to assemble the final Dunbarton product.
- Maintain production machinery according to directions from Maintenance or Department management.
- Expanded Qualifications:
- Maintain forklift certification and license.
- Train others in core job responsibilities, function as a mentor, and demonstrate flexibility to operate a wide range of fabrication equipment.
- Perform other job-related functions and special projects as requested. Not all essential functions may be listed in this job description.
- Detail Work Activities
- Operate industrial equipment or machinery.
- Move materials, equipment, or supplies.
- Inspect equipment or systems.
- Evaluate characteristics or equipment or systems.
- Plan production or operational procedures or sequences.
- Sort materials or objects for processing or transport.
- Document design or operational test results.
- Maintain production or processing equipment.
- Clean work areas.
- Remove debris or damaged materials.
- Measure materials or product dimensions.
- Load materials onto equipment for processing.
- Record operational or production data.
- Operate basic hand tools.
- Travel as necessary to meet objectives and training requirements for the company.
- Lift twenty-five (25) pounds on a frequent basis.
- Non-Essential Duties | Responsibilities | Functions | Tasks:
- Attend all required job-related training.
- Attend team functions, communications meetings, and special events.
- Assist in physical inventories as required.
- Assist in all other areas as needed.
- Required Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) weeks experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Dunbarton Proudly Offers:
- 10 paid holidays
- Health Insurance- Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans offered
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fidelity 401k matched 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 3%. Employees are fully vested at the start of participation.
- Wellness Reimbursement of up to $25 per month
- PTO accrued at 5 hours per pay period (accrual rate increases with employment).
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short term disability
- Company-paid long term disability
All benefits are effective the first of the month following the employee’s 1st 30 days of employment.
Apply today by calling 334-794-0661 x 6239 or stopping by our office at 1101 Technology Drive, Dothan, AL.