Human Resources Director
Required Education | Skills
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related area as well as ten (10) years experience in a Human Resources Management position, preferably in a medium to large manufacturing facility with escalating responsibility. This position will require diverse experience in managing a wide range of administrative areas of responsibility. Applicants must have five (5) years of detailed training and experience in HR and employment law applications, including Workers Compensation, benefits, compensation, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Two (2) years experience in the following areas: HRIS computer applications, recruiting and retention, training facilitation, employee relations (conflict resolution & investigations), job evaluation/compensation systems, policy & procedure creation, and employee safety, security & environmental within a manufacturing setting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities to effectively guide and motivate employees at all levels within the organization.
- Preferred Education:
- Graduate degree in Human Resources
- Fifteen (15) years experience in a Human Resources Management position in a medium to large manufacturing facility with escalating responsibility.
- Fifteen (15) years of diverse experience in managing a wide range of administrative areas of responsibility.
- Ten (10) years of detailed training and experience in HR and employment law applications, including Workers Compensation, benefits, compensation, FMLA, FLSA, EEO, ADA, etc.
- Four (4) years HRIS computer application experience.
- Four (4) years recruiting and retention experience.
- Four (4) years experience as a trainer or facilitator.
- Four (4) years experience as a facilitator in resolving conflicts between parties or individuals.
- Four (4) years experience in conducting detailed investigations into employee behaviors or issues.
- Four (4) years experience in job evaluation and assigned proper compensation for job content.
- Four (4) years experience in writing policies, procedures, guidelines, presentations, and job descriptions.
- Four (4) years of experience in the Ceridian HRIS system and in associated payroll applications.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification
- Essential Duties Summary:
- Human Resources – Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate Dunbarton’s human resource function and performance.
- Strategic Planning – Participate in the development of Dunbarton’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, particularly from the perspective of the impact and demands on people.
- Human Resource Goals – Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into human resource strategic and operational plans.
- Recruiting and Staffing – Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates of all levels within Dunbarton.
- EEO & Affirmative Action – Develop programs to allow Dunbarton to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Compensation and Benefits – Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives for effective performance and to provide programs that utilize employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees. Interact with the Payroll department on a regular basis.
- Development and Talent Management– Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business and industry.
- Communications – Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues. Establish effective employee communication programs, including regular employee meetings, roundtable meetings, bulletin board policy, and an effective open-door policy
- Environmental/Safety/Health/Security – Plan and work with the ESHS Manager and outside safety and environmental agencies to ensure compliance with all safety, health and environmental laws and reporting. Effectively plan employee training on these subjects. Ensure Dunbarton employees can deal with any emergency situation.
- Departmental Development – Evaluate the Human Resources division structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities for individuals.
- Policies – Continue improving the policies, programs, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization and department.
- Safety – Oversee facilities management to guarantee a safe and secure working environment and maintain compliance with OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Workers Compensation – Oversee the WC program, review claims, select WC vendor, and take steps to minimize WC costs to the company.
- Employee Relations – Establish a positive employee relations program. Visit each work area on a regular basis and interact with all levels of employees. Follow up on employee requests and provide honest and accurate information. Provide an avenue for employee complaints and issues.
- Temporary Employment Contractors – Interface with these contractors on a regular basis and ensure they are supplying employees with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the Dunbarton manufacturing areas.
Dunbarton Proudly Offers:
- 10 paid holidays
- Health Insurance- Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans offered
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fidelity 401k matched 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 3%. Employees are fully vested at the start of participation.
- Wellness Reimbursement of up to $25 per month
- PTO accrued at 5 hours per pay period (accrual rate increases with employment).
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short term disability
- Company-paid long term disability
All benefits are effective the first of the month following the employee’s 1st 30 days of employment.