Position Summary | Purpose
Prepare detailed working diagrams of Dunbarton machinery, equipment, mechanical devices, and products, including dimensions, fastening methods, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, packaging, and other engineering information. Assist in production activities such as inventory control, quality control, scrap control, efficiency improvements, and material flow methods. Write and troubleshoot computer-based process control, PLC, instrumentation, and machine and product design. Prepare layouts of machinery or equipment, plan the flow of work, conduct statistical studies and analyze production costs. The incumbent must be proficient at basic electrical and mechanical maintenance, mechanical drawing, product design, PCM, production planning, quality techniques, and manufacturing support.
- Essential Duties Summary & Responsibilties:
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, printed circuit board pattern data, and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
- Consult with Engineers to discuss and interpret design concepts, and determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Coordinate closely with Regional Sales Representatives on sales orders and requirements for new and existing customers.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Accounting on the material and cost requirements and details for new or modified Dunbarton products and processes.
- Determine reference points, machine cutting paths, or hole locations, and compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures. Enter coordinates of hole locations into program memories by depressing control machine controls.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces into the desired shapes.
- Direct specified manufacturing departments to fabricate, prepare, package and ship ordered products to designated locations according to a schedule.
- Draft detail and assembly drawings of design components, circuitry, and printed circuit boards, using computer-assisted equipment or standard drafting techniques and devices.
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop, compute and verify specifications for drafting data, such as the configuration of parts, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Have a clear understanding of the manufacturing and shipping processes and requirements for existing and new Dunbarton products and coordinate modified processes, new tools or equipment, and product flow.
- Locate and organize files and information relating to specific product and equipment design projects in the database library, load correct programming into the computer, and record completed job data.
- Perform other job-related tasks and special projects as assigned by department management.
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electrical and electronic manufacturing equipment.
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as replacing products, exchanging products, arranging product rework, refunding money, and adjusting bills or other actions to ensure customer satisfaction and continued business.
- Revise programs or code to eliminate errors and retest programs to check that problems have been resolved.
- Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of all Dunbarton products.
- Write programs in the language of a machine’s controller and store programs on correct media types. Enter computer commands to store and retrieve parts patterns, graphic displays, or programs that transfer data to other media.
- Required Education | Experience:
- Completion of a vocational school program (or Associate’s degree) in CNC Programming, Drafting, Engineering Support, Industrial Engineering or similar
- Two (2) years experience in computer operations.
- Two (2) years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prefered Education | Experience:
- Four (4) year college degree with a major in engineering-related functionality.
- Four (4) or more years experience performing drafting or CNC programming in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with an ERP system (currently EPICOR), MS Office, and SharePoint.
- Door, Frame, and related product customer service experience.
- One (1) year of experience using AutoCAD in a manufacturing environment.
- Required Education and Training:
- Two (2) plus years experience as a Fabrication Machine Operator.
- LEAN, 6S, Kaizen, and Six Sigma training.
- Safety training specific to Dunbarton requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, and SharePoint.
Dunbarton Proudly Offers:
- 10 paid holidays
- Health Insurance- Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans offered
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Fidelity 401k matched 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 3%. Employees are fully vested at the start of participation.
- Wellness Reimbursement of up to $25 per month
- PTO accrued at 5 hours per pay period (accrual rate increases with employment).
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short term disability
- Company-paid long term disability
All benefits are effective the first of the month following the employee’s 1st 30 days of employment.