The purpose of this position is to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of the assigned production department workers. The production manager must effectively utilize manpower, machines, and materials to produce quality products at a designated rate in a safe manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of production activities and in response to fluctuating workloads.
- Enforce safety, 6S, Kaizen, and LEAN activities and regulations
- Inspect materials, products, and equipment for defects of malfunctions
- Maintain accurate inventory of all materials and finished goods and ensure the products are properly stored for easy retrieval
- Evaluate employee performance and issue disciplinary actions
- keep records of employee’s attendance, hours worked, corrective actions, and enter this information into the company database.
- train new employees on all job duties
- manage overtime assignments and approve time off
- plan and assign manpower and equipment to accomplish all area objectives in an efficient manner. Fully meet all customer expectations
- Candidates must have good computer skills
- At least one year of experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Basic management or supervisory experience or training
- BS degree in management (or equivalent major) or 6 years experience in a lead position in a production environment
- Must be able to handle high stress and pressure
- Must be able to motivate and encourage team members
The work hours for these openings are typically day shift Monday-Fridays with weekends and overtime as needed. Dunbarton offers an excellent benefits package including: Health Insurance- 3 levels to choose from, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Company paid life insurance, company paid long term and short term disability, voluntary insurance products, personal time and vacation time on an accrual basis, nine paid holidays, tuition reimbursement after one year of employment, wellness/gym reimbursement, 401K plan with company match 100% of the first 3%, 50% of the next 2%, and flex spending account.
Dunbarton is a great company to work for with great employees! Apply today if you meet the listed qualifications.