Click for larger image
Dunbarton relies on a quality local workforce
Length of Service
Dunbarton Door and Entry systems boasts an employee workforce with an average of 13 years of service.
Emergency Response Team (ERT)
This group of eight employees have trained for biological hazards, hazardous material spill control (OSHA 30 Hour Training), AED, First Aid, CPR, SCBA Operation, Fire Control/Suppression and employee communication during an emergency.
Dunbarton is fully committed to providing work related training to all employees:
- Under a grant from the Alabama Technology Network , employees train in LEAN principles, 6S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Innovation Design and other processes to improve efficiency.
- Industrial Truck Operator, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, General Safety Awareness, Fire Safety, Harassment and Discrimination, Violence in the Workplace, Drug and Alcohol Awareness, Computer Operator Training, Supervisor and Leadership Training, Communications Training and others.
- Tuition reimbursement program
Dunbarton works diligently to provide a high level of business communications with employees.
- Quarterly all-employee communications meetings to relate the state of the business and update employees on current business events.
- Quarterly roundtable meetings in which volunteer employees are free to ask any business related question (questions and answers are posted for all employees).
- Quarterly employee newsletter.
Good Community Citizens
- Employees volunteer their time to local volunteer fire departments, local charity boards such as Habitat for Humanity, Wiregrass United Way, and others.
- Employees generously give to the United Way Campaign; Dunbarton gives a matching donation.
- Dunbarton supports The Wiregrass Rehabilitation Center (WRC) by oursourcing work, which allows challenged citizens to perform meaningful and productive work.
Alabama 2010 Medium Manufacturer of the Year Finalist
This awards program, sponsored by the State of Alabama, focuses attention on outstanding companies in the manufacturing segment. In 2010, Dunbarton was named as a finalist for this honor.